Sunday, March 9, 2014

The two  photos I posted tonight are of our neighbors who are cutting wood in the field next to us right outside my balcony where I sleep. Two men cut wood and the wife and two little kids sit by them while she makes rice and beans. One day we took the men two big bottles of ice cold water. such hard work and looks like the early 1800's.  So much of Haiti is that way.

Kesmy arrived with a group of 11 people from Moody Bible Institute who are staying at Kesmy's village for 7 nights then my house for 5 nights. I helped them buy food and water to take then I drove some of them and all the supplies in my truck and Zagalo who works for us also took the rest of the group and all their luggage in the big truck.

I found a girl for a couple that was adopting and gave $38,000 to the organization that became corrupt.  It is such a blessing that we found her and the biological  mom still wants to give her up. She is a single mom living in a thatch hut with 5 kids. It is hard to comprehend why these woman continue to have babies that they cannot take care of . Now we will look for the boy in a different town and pray we can find him for this couple who have hired an attorney to complete the adoption if it is still possible.

It is often a struggle to live here and take care of the kids and be without my family.  It is a very different world here and hard to understand unless you have been here. Please pray for the kids and our workers.

thanks for your prayers and financial support, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment