Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I just loaded two photos but not sure how to print on the same page. I am still learning.

the other night at 11 pm it was pouring rain and I heard  like a loud waterfall in the hallway so I turned on the light and water was pouring out of the light switch. The photo is not even as hard as it was but we were too busy sweeping the water out the back door and down the steps to take it earlier. We have a flat roof and some of the pipes on the roof are broken. I plugged the hole with sealant today do I hope that plugged the hole.

An electrician John from Indiana came to my house and fixed my generator, battery charger and generator. What a huge, huge blessing!! He taught me so much and now I can check the oil, look for loose or disconnected wires etc.  He said when I build our new place he will help wire it.

The other photo is of Laurens and Robertini the two handicapped boys that cant speak. Today I taught Robertini to make sounds like mmmmm and aaaaaaaaaaa.  We gave him hugs and kisses. they are the only two that can't attend school so we work with them here. They are best friends and now Lorens isn't alone all day and they can compete and learn together. We are trying to teach Lorens to keep his hands down when he walks instead of being so spastic and flapping them all over. These boys need a lot of attention.  I wish they had the therapy that they need.

The attorney from the Episcopal Church called me and said they will be ready to discuss the new land, size and price next month.  I am very excited about that so please pray God up doors for funding and teams to start building.

It is easy to get discouraged in this country and sometimes I just want to pack up and go back home in my peace, comfort and cozy house. Some of the kids are teens now so you can imagine the challenges of having seven of them. I often feel so alone but then once I focus on Christ and and why I am here it makes it much easier.  I still get lonely for home!!

Donna, from Indiana has been here for years and knows perfect Creole so she went with me yesterday to Port Au Prince. I had to take a lady to the hospital. When we left the hospital  the road was blocked with people so we pulled into an alley and ducked down. Haiti has a lot of riots or just demonstrations because it is their only way they have to express their needs.  It is so sad. Anyway, this time it was college students needing professors. We pulled back out onto the road when we thought it was clear and the crowd was heading towards us.  You never know when violence will break out so it can be a bit scary. All of a sudden Haitian police showed up in this huge black vehicle that resembled an army tank.  They were so impressive as they fired tear gas into the crowd. The road cleared and they directed us to take a different road and we were on our way home. Our Haitian police seem more professional and so quickly on the scene.

I am blessed to have so many friends and God always sends new ones like John right when I need them. Thank to all of you for praying or supporting this mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment