Monday, January 13, 2014

After my flight being cancelled twice due to the storms I finally made it back to Haiti. the thing I miss the most is the cloudy, snowy, cold days.  So much heat and sun here.

I have a team of four here and yesterday we took all of the kids plus 8 adults to a park in Port au Prince. It is in Petionville which is a very wealthy area in Haiti. they have grocery stores like ours with even my almond milk.  The kids got to shop there for their first time and were all amazed. We bought two bags of MICHIGAN apples, cookies, pop, ham, cheese, turkey, fruit snacks and potato chips. Jeanie Hodges from Oregon donated money to take the kids for an outing.  It was really fun.

Yes, I drove 25 people in my truck that day. Also a wheelchair because Evens our paraplegic also came along.

Rosette our 11 year old got an infection in here foot a few days ago when she was at her Mothers for Christmas vacation. She got admitted to the hospital tonight as it went up her leg and into her groin and she developed a fever. She never even complained to me about the pain and went to school today.

Erica who is part of the team staying here volunteered to stay at the hospital with her and care for her.  I will be there in the morning before her surgery. My good friend Naomi Shields an orthopedic surgeon is here for a week and will be doing her surgery. Another blessing for us. 

It is very late so I will close for now but more news tomorrow.

I hope to be able to figure out how to put photos on here. I would like you to see how we fit all of us in my truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment