Thursday, December 12, 2013

I put' up our Christmas tree today. It is a three foot fake one out on my balcony where I sleep so people can see it lit up at night. It is not the usual tree like at home in Michigan and the weather sure isn't the same. It doesn't feel like Christmas when it is 8o to 90 degrees with 100% humidity. :)

I will be having Christmas with my family in Michigan as soon as my youngest  son returns from I Afghanistan  and my husband gets home from working in Antarctica. We are a kind of spread around the world family. No matter what month it is we will have our usual regular Christmas like we always have in the past with a tree cut from our own back yard of 15 acres and all the decorations and food. I am very anxious for us all to be together again.

Meanwhile I have this family here to take of which keeps me very busy. Tomorrow I take the ones that need their prosthetics fixed to a mission about an hour and fifteen minutes from here. I will drop the four of them off then go to a burn clinic near there because our little cerebral palsy boy burned his hand and fingers. I am taking proper care of it but don't have the sterile things I need to cut of all the blistered skin and will soon run out of bandages. It is a very nice mission where they only treat burns. Burns are so very common here due to the fact that they cook on open fires or outdoor propane stove like ours.

Our news letter comes out this week and I will try to copy and paste it in my next blog.

Merry Christmas as we celebrate Christ's birth.



No comments:

Post a Comment