Sunday, December 15, 2013

One of your puppies is very sick. I am feeding her rehydration fluid left over from when I worked at the cholera clinic.  We have a vet that we will call in the morning. There is always something to do or someone to take care of. :-)  Our Laurens with cerebral palsy and cannot speak burned his hand and fingers so I am changing his bandages and debriding the old skin.  He is very good about it. then Guerlinde our 5 year old that weighs only 19# is finally drinking pediasure ($3) a bottle and eating "manba" the special peanut butter made for kids with malnutrition. Today was the best appetite she has had since we got her. I finally found good things for her to eat that she actually likes. Praise God for that.

With 17 kids and one paraplegic you sure can stay busy. We now have 5 teenage boys and one 16 year old girl. That is enough to drive anyone crazy and they are eating more and growing fast. Sometimes I wonder why God gave me this job. Probably to try to teach me patience.  :-)

We have people coming in January which will be a great help and they are bringing great things. Peanut butter, deodorant, clothes, toothpaste and so so much more. It is always fun to have visitors and some have been here before which makes it easier.  A group is coming to build  two new table for the tables which they really need to study and to eat on.

For you in cold weather I am sorry but I sure could use a cloudy day of under 85 and humidity less than 100%.  I  am sure it must be hard to think of being sick of the sunshine but come and live here for a few months and you will agree with me.  :-) 

That's all my news for now. All the kids are in bed now and it is quite peaceful and I look forward to sleeping outside on my balcony in my mosquito net. Good night, Merry Christmas and may we all be filled with the Holy Spirit and let our light shine for HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment